May 19, 2022
Hilton Garden Inn, Troy
♥ Our event will be IN PERSON! ♥
2022 FPA NENY 21st Annual Symposium – In Person
Course Descriptions and Learning Objectives
Click on the down arrow to expand and close tabs.
If you feel like international equities in your portfolios aren’t holding up their end of the bargain, then you’re not alone. It’s one of the most common concerns we hear today. And the global landscape remains as uncertain as ever. Recent geopolitical events, including the tragic conflict in the Ukraine, and an economic slowdown and ongoing regulatory issues in China and are just a few sources of uncertainty. After a decade of dominance by U.S. stocks, you might be wondering: Why bother investing outside the U.S.? This session will focus on navigating volatile international markets and discuss where international investors may be able to find relative stability in 2022 and beyond.
- Learn how international investing has changed
- Reasons for international investing today
- Discuss how to navigate volatile markets outside of the U.S.
Fees are on sale. Should you join the discounters or should you learn how to better communicate your value?
Invesco Global Consulting teamed up with political consultant and word specialist, Maslansky + Partners, for a 6-month study on what investors think. What do they value and how should their financial professionals respond? Do they want “low cost” or “high value”? A “Financial Plan” or “financial planning”? “Discretionary accounts” or “financial professional-managed accounts”?
The study included financial professional interviews, investor dial sessions and a survey of 1,000 North American investors. The research uncovered new “cries” from investors and resonating responses from financial planning professionals when defending, defining, and delivering value.
- How to explain and communicate fees to best serve your investors.
- How to really deliver on value
- Resonating words, phrases, and sequence of the value conversation
Suggested reading: Priceless Fact Card
Sometimes Transferring Wealth to the Next Generation Family can fail. This is damaging for relationships and impacts the assets you want to have. This session will help advisors understand why family wealth transfers can fail, how to avoid mistakes and how to communicate between family members for successful transfers of wealth.
- Uncover what a failed wealth transfer looks like and why it failed.
- Learn ways to avoid these mistakes.
- Take away specific ways to communicate better before it’s too late. Avoid getting fired.
Obtains real-time insight from over 1,000 advisor portfolio consulting engagements and highlights the common hidden risks and mistakes advisors are making in their model portfolios today in his presentation,
- Learn from the Aggregation of 1,000 + portfolio consulting engagements
- Learn most recent trends in portfolio constructions
- Discover common hidden risks/mistakes
Here is a link to the Monthly Podcast series that John hosts: https://www.jhinvestments.com/portfolio-intelligence-podcast
Presented by Doug Orton of MFS
Commonly made IRA planning mistakes put clients’ retirement plans in jeopardy and threaten client–advisor relationships. This session can help avoid these common mistakes so that clients can make the most of their IRA savings. We’ll focus on problem areas, including beneficiary designations, spousal inheritance options and IRA, Roth IRA and RMD issues.
- Uncover common mistakes.
- Learn ways to avoid these mistakes.
- Take away techniques and resources to market this intellectual capital back to your clients so you can capture and retain more qualified assets.
Suggested reading: Top IRA planning mistakes – Retirement Basics
Reg/Breakfast at 8:15am
1: 9:00 to 9:50am
2: 10:15 to 11:05am
3: 11:25am to 12:15pm
LUNCH12:15pm – 1:00pm
5: 2:00 to 2:50pm
Raffle & Happy Hour!